Used to generate memory images from a set of instructions.
The main part of this package is the
class. This is used to generate a “Data Specification”, which can then be
executed to produce a memory image. This package also handles this function
if required, through the
Creation of a Data Specification Language file which can be executed to produce a memory image.
- Any errors that can be checked during the creation of the specification should throw an exception.
- It will be impossible to detect all errors at creation time.
- There should be no assumption of where the data specification is be stored, although a default provision of a way to write the specification to a file is acceptable.
Execution of a Data Specification Language file, producing a memory image.
- This should detect any errors during execution and report them, halting the execution.
- There should be no assumption of where the data specification is read from, although a default provision of a way to read the specification from a file is acceptable.
There are a number of use-cases of this library:
DataSpecificationGeneratoris used to create a compressed memory image which can be expanded later, to reduce the amount of data that needs to be transferred over a slow connection.
DataSpecificationExecutoris used to execute a previously generated specification at the receiving end of a slow connection.
- data_specification package
- data_specification.data_spec_sender package
- data_specification.enums package
- data_specification.enums.arithemetic_operation module
- data_specification.enums.commands module
- data_specification.enums.condition module
- data_specification.enums.data_type module
- data_specification.enums.logic_operation module
- data_specification.enums.random_number_generator module
- Module contents
- data_specification.constants module
- data_specification.data_specification_executor module
- data_specification.data_specification_executor_functions module
- data_specification.data_specification_generator module
- data_specification.exceptions module
- data_specification.memory_region module
- data_specification.memory_region_collection module
- data_specification.utility_calls module
- Module contents